OLYMPIC PENINSULA PICS
We did not bring our camping stove or pots and pans…we call this sort of a credit card trip. At least we camped out both nights. :-)
Of you spend 48 hours out of Canada you get to bring in tax free booze and smokes…this is heading out but coming back in we always take advantage of the booze at least…Beer!
Nexus gets us in and out of the Country easier with card when there is a Nexus lane.
Stopped in Belling ham to have a bite to eat and buy some new sleeping bags. We learned quickly on our Alaskan trip we needed better bags, and we got 2 Big Anges Roxy Ann bags made for women. Mummy bags with more room for the hips, you can also slide your Thermarest pad inside the bottom of the bag so no more losing your pad when you roll over. Spent 2 nights in them and so far so good. They are rated to +15.
- Integrated Big Agnes pad sleeve. Never roll off your pad again
- Extra 2″ of girth in hip area
- Extra insulation in foot and core areas
- Extra 2″ of length in the foot box of the petite size accommodates up to 5’8″
- Petite length requires a 20″ x 66″ pad
- YKK #8 zipper. Mate together any of our left and right zip bags with the same size zipper. Size petite mates to bags with 60″ YKK #8 zippers. Size regular mates to bags with 70″ YKK #8 zippers
- Rectangular shape offers more room in foot box and shoulders
- Cotton storage sack & nylon stuff sack included
- Built in pillow pocket holds a fleece or Big Agnes Pillow
- Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners
- No-draft collar seals around neck to keep cold air from sneaking in
- No-draft wedge insulates the connection between the bag and pad
- No-draft zipper tube insulates along the length of the zipper
- Flow Construction: Insotect Flow is a flow-optimized insulation system that delivers uniform heat distribution and natural body contouring through its revolutionary baffle design. Flow Construction eliminates lateral and vertical down shifting by using vertical chambers with Flow Gates to regulate fill positioning and density. Strategically placed Flow Gates minimize vertical down shifting while vertical chambers minimize lateral shifting. With continuous vertical Flow chambers in place of traditional side seams, Flow bags eliminate potential cold spots which can occur with side seams. Vertical baffles now flow with your body for more rapid and uniform body heat distribution.
- LEFT OR RIGHT ZIPPER? When you are in the bag, on your back, the right zip will be on your right side, left zip on your left side
- Shell: Down proof, nylon microfiber rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water
- Lining: Soft, breathable down proof nylon with stain resistant finish
- Pad sleeve: Nylon rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water.
Roxy Ann 15° Specs
- Pad Size: Petite = 20″ x 66″ or Regular = 20″ x 72″
- Color: Wasabi/Gray
- Fill Type: 650 fill goose down
- Fill Weight: Petite = 12oz or Regular = 16oz
- Bag Weight: Petite = 2lb 13oz or Regular = 2lb 15oz
- Shoulder Girth: Petite = 68″ or Regular = 70″
- Hip Girth: Petite = 66″ or Regular = 68″
- Foot Girth: Petite = 54″ or Regular = 54″
- Stuff Sack Size: Petite = 8″ x 17.5″ or Regular = 8″ x 17.5″
- Compressed Bag Size: Petite = 8″ x 6″ or Regular = 8″ x 7.5″
More to come later. I am beat!