New Theme for OUR Blog, any thoughts?

Trying out a new theme for our Blog.  Still playing around with it but not sure I like it….any thoughts from those who have been around for almost an entire year?

14 Comments

1. AlanI says:

Depressing colour and far too much empty space. You asked. :-)

2. Don Plummer says:

Seems a little plain. But I’m male so I tend to be more visually stimulated. Women may like that it might be easier to read the intellectual content. LOL I can see just a tiny bit of a picture on the left.

3. Kelsow says:

I took a quick look at the available themes and found 3 that I would choose, Parament , Traction and Sunspot. I like this one best, http://sunspotdemo.wordpress.com/

ymmv.

• advgrrls says:

OK OK so we all agree…new theme not so good. I am trying out what you recommended Kelsow. Now just have to play with it more. Maybe send your suggestion regarding colours? LOL You have an artistic eye. Thanks for the honest feedback! I agree!

4. Kelsow says:

I think this looks fantastic!

I love dark bkg’s and the yellow/orange text. I think it looks very professional and smart.

But that’s just my opinion.

5. AlanI says:

Well it’s different and sure beats the first effort. :-) The text and icons stand out a lot better with this theme but I’m more of a neutral grey type man myself. But there again, it’s not my blog now is it? Just don’t try pink for gawds sake although I don’t somehow see you as pink type girls either.

• advgrrls says:

no you are correct we are not pink kinda grrls. ;-) This is growing on me but by the lack of comments perhaps not so much with many others. Having said that I am going to stay with this…maybe play a bit with colours bit it’s different for sure….Kelsow is to blame! LOL

6. Kelsow says:

I’m always the blame of something…

BTW, the first 2 comments were for the baby blue thing you had going on here, not this current sexy one.

7. AlanI says:

I almost missed the last two posts (yours and Kelsows) because the background image repeats itself with these two last posts getting lost in the sky. Have you considered using a background image that, if it must be repeated, doesn’t have such a sharp cut-off point e.g. an over exposed sky and the green trees?

8. Sue says:

As long as I can read it and find past posts I am happy. The colours used now seem just fine..easy on my old eyes, easy contrast and clear to read. I would read your blog even if it was presented in hi-viz so carry on Sgt. Major; I’m behind ya whatever hill we’re taking now.

• advgrrls says:

thanks Sue very kind of you. I like this layout…can be a little overwhelming with all the info etc…but that is how a BLOG works. I mean we have over 500 posts in here somewhere so I hope that some of the tools included in the side bars will help others navigate around to find what might be of interest to them. Always a work in progress, Thanks for all your comments! We appreciate them for sure.