8 thoughts on “Over Niter

1. George Vasilopoulos September 30, 2013 / 4:44 PM

Nice! Be careful out there – I’m still feeling a bit shellshocked after my snow incident through a high pass in June…

• advgrrls September 30, 2013 / 4:47 PM

Wasn’t sticking to the road but on the sides. Dropped from 10 C to 2 C in a matter of feet lol

• George Vasilopoulos September 30, 2013 / 4:48 PM

Same for me – 18°C at the bottom and 0.5°C at the top which only took about 20 minutes!

• advgrrls September 30, 2013 / 4:51 PM

Don’t you love heated gear? It’s amazing how comfy you can be on two wheels.

• George Vasilopoulos September 30, 2013 / 4:53 PM

The only heat I had was from the grips! To be honest I didn’t expect a temperature drop like this in late June even in the Alps… Had the thermal liner for my Icon jacket and stayed plenty warm, however – those crazy Oregonians build some well insulated (and actually waterproof) gear!

• advgrrls September 30, 2013 / 5:02 PM

I need to check out that ICON gear. My hands were frozen. Had to pull over and put the Gerbings heated gloves on.

• George Vasilopoulos September 30, 2013 / 5:04 PM

Don’t bother with the Icon gloves – they are a disappointment. I still go back to my everlasting Bering leather gloves which have kept my hands reasonably warm since 2008. Their Patrol gear (jacket/trousers) are excellent, however.

2. Vigen Yeremyan September 30, 2013 / 4:45 PM

Hi, my name is Vigen! I’m a designer from Spain and was generally looking for something on traveling when I chanced upon your blog. It seems very interesting and informative and I’m sure I’ll be a regular from now on.