Great commentator and follower of the blog, George shows his BMW bikes, his 2013 travels and reviews all in one video. Godd stuff George…any questions post the on this post and I am sure George will add his insight.
This is a compilation of places I’ve travelled by motorbike during 2013 filmed with my GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition.
I am posting this for sale BMW F800 for a fellow adventure rider Guillaume who road from AK to South America. He BLOGGED his whole trip, see below. This is a steal of a deal…He took great care of the bike on his 6 month trip and look at all those farkles….if you are in the Vancouver area and in the market, why not help out a fellow ADV rider with a quick buy???
July 2012 Triple Black F800GS for sale in Vancouver, British Columbia
40,700km – $12,000
- warranty valid until July 2015
- 40,000km service done (new oil, spark plugs, air filter, valve inspected)
- new tires (Heidenau K60)
- new chain
- new front and rear sprockets
I feel the need to highlight another ADV trip. We met Guillaume at Pacific Motosports back in July the day he was leaving on his 6 month trip. Nice guy, got himself a brand new 2012 F800GS that day and seriously after we got done speaking about his lone adventure he was off on day 1.
I have been checking in on him and his blog. He will soon be heading to South America for his final leg. Check him out….we love supporting “fellow” explorers and at the same time a bit envious that so many riders are out there riding while many of us are working….;-) Meet Guillaume!
THE LONG WAY SOUTH
What’s your plan?
Today was motorcycle show day for us. Although the weather really smarten up and actually was pretty nice out we drove anyway because Cheryl is not feeling well. I think everyone in the lower mainland must have headed out to the show today because the temperature was above freezing and there was no snow coming down.
So, nothing too new here either for the BMW F800GS. That might not be such a bad thing for the F800GS die hard out there. No changes except colour choices and some options. Like I have said we will be in the market for new bikes next year. We were really hoping BMW would update the GS series more than they did. Our bikes have remained mainly the same since 2008. For us, the Triumph Tiger 800XC that we took on our summer adventure this year is the front-runner mainly because of the adjustable seat and comfort.
I just really do not like the Tiger’s ABS set up to turn it off and some other “minor” pet peeves. No bike is perfect but as far as the street comfort that we are now looking for in a bike the Tiger’s are front in line. We might wait until next Fall and see yet again if BMW makes a move in this market other than raising their base prices. Part of the reason the MSRP has gone up is that all 2012 BMW models will have ABS as standard.
We do like that triple black though ;-)
Info found on BMW San Francisco
Here is the 2012 BMW F800GS
2012 F 800 GS (MSRP: $12,355*)
Model Year 2012 Changes
- Base model: Option 524 (ABS) added to 100% options; base MSRP up by $900 to reflect the change in base equipment
- Standard Package: Content changes to exclude option 524 (ABS) which is now in 100% options; new MSRP change is zero ($0) since ABS is now in base model
- Base MSRP increase: No base MSRP increase other than the changes explained above resulting from adding ABS to the base model
- New special models: Option 210 – F 800 GS Trophy, and option N93 – Triple Black
- New colors: N93 – Triple Black (Deep Black), N96 – GS Trophy (Desert Blue / Alpine White), and 986 (Graphitan Metallic Matte)
- Discontinued colors: N24 (Lava Orange Metallic / Black Silk Shining), and 751 (Alpine White)
||White Turn Signals
||Triple Black (Deep Black); includes black and rallye grey seat, black spoke wheels, granite grey metallic matte frame, black fork, and nurburg silver metallic swing arm
||GS Trophy (Desert Blue / Alpine White) (only with option 210)
||Graphitan Metallic Matte
||Special Model GS Trophy: includes color N96 with black and rallye grey seat, aluminum engine guard, hand protection bars with large protector and spoiler
||On Board Computer
||Anti Theft Alarm
Standard Package (MSRP: $12,900*)
||On Board Computer
- Option 210 and color N96 only in combination with each other
- Option 210 (special model GS Trophy) includes: color N96 with black and rallye grey seat, aluminum engine guard, hand protection bars with large protector and spoiler
- Color N93 (Triple Black) contencts: Deep Black color, black and rallye grey seat, black spoke wheels, granite grey metallic matte frame, black fork, and nurburg silver metallic swing arm
- Option 774 deletes black & rallye grey seat included with options 210 or N93
2012 F800GS Triple Black (color N93)
2012 F800GS ‘GS Trophy’ (color N96)
2012 F800GS Graphitan Metallic Matte (color 986)