SPOTWalla Tracking Link

Track my Winter Ride by CLICKING HERE

This will go live as soon as I leave in the morning, Wednesday, January 14th 2015.  Did a little more tweaking to the bike, not much time to really plan anything between trying to sell my house and hanging out with friends etc.  So, let’s see how this trip unfolds this time around compared to May/June X Country 2014.  😉

See how these work keeping the fog/mist off my gloves and added weather protection

Reflective Tape….visibility

more reflective added to my side bags

Bonus the Barkbuster mitts are reflective too

OK..so Day 1 starts in hours. Hope to see some of the virtual world on the road!  Leslie

14 Comments

1. Anonymous says:

I’ll be watching your Spotwalla!

2. Dennis says:

With your addition of reflective tape, along with the reason for your trip, maybe the trip name should “Reflections”.

BTW, one thing to check on with all of the additional electrical gear…

Make sure your alternator output will provide adequate voltage to the battery when all of the electrical accessories are on (with the heated gear on high). I’m not sure of the alternator’s rated Wattage on your bike and what the additional Wattage consumption you have added will be, but you do want to avoid an under charged battery.

I mention this only because I neglected to check this one time and on a long, cold trip I was bit by a dead battery due to undercharging. This was on a F650 GS, but I believe that alternator is a bit wimpy.

Have a great trip!

• advgrrl says:

That would have been a good name…hmmmm..as for the alternator. We had it hooked up with the gear all on and had the bike running at 2500 RPM’s. Once I turned down the gear the voltage went over 1300. I will have to be mindful of that and not use my high beam and turn off what I can if and when I have to totally gear up. Thanks for the reminder though.

3. 2tracker says:

Wish I could head south …. i could really use a ride . Thanks I’ll be watching

4. Jim C says:

I’m excited for you. Have fun and be safe!

5. depietroplace says:

Safe travels…you will be arriving in Lakeland FL very close to us. I will be following and wishing I could ride with you. RIDE ON!

6. Chris32 says:

Safe travels and have fun! Hopefully we’ll get to see ya in NC.

Cheers!
    Chris32

7. Sheri says:

Hi I have been fallowing you for awhile, my gf and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area “concord” with a garage if you need a place to stay. We all ride , I decided on my tiger because of your post , it is what I was looking for for my next bike.
    Have a great ride, ambitious !
    Sheri